Turmeric is a plant that grows in Southeast Asia. This Indian spice is one of the primary ingredients in Thai, Persian, and Indian dishes. Turmeric has also been used for thousands of years in alternative medicine for a myriad of medical troubles. There are numerous benefits of turmeric as outlined below.
Turmeric has natural antibacterial properties. This natural antiseptic is often used to disinfect and aid in the healing of cuts and burns. It helps wounds to heal faster. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammatory skin conditions, such as psoriasis, may show improvement when turmeric is applied topically.
Turmeric powder can help clear up ringworm. Simply combine turmeric with a small amount of water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the affected area for 10 minutes, then rinse. Within a few days, the ringworm will be dried up.
Patients who are battling cancer often use turmeric. Additionally, those with a family history of cancer may benefit from a daily dose of turmeric to help prevent the formation of certain types of cancer.
- Prostate cancer - Turmeric when combined with a diet rich in cauliflower may prevent or halt the growth of prostate cancers.
- Breast cancer - If a patient has been diagnosed with breast cancer, turmeric may stop the cancer from spreading to other organs, such as the lungs.
- Melanoma - Melanoma is a type of skin cancer. Turmeric may help prevent certain melanomas. Additionally, taking a supplement of turmeric may help destroy melanoma cells.
- Leukemia - Children may benefit from turmeric. Several researchers state that a diet rich in turmeric can reduce the risk of children developing leukemia.
- Chemotherapy - Turmeric is often used to boost the effects of certain chemotherapy drugs. This potent spice may also reduce the side effects of chemotherapy, including nausea, vomiting, and pain.
Researchers are continuing to learn how turmeric can positively affect cancer patients. Studies have shown that turmeric can halt the development of blood vessels in both malignant and benign tumors. Additionally, studies are underway on how turmeric can help patients battling multiple myelomas and pancreatic cancer.
Numerous studies have shown that turmeric helps to alleviate pain naturally. This potent anti-inflammatory may help those suffering from arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, turmeric does not cause side effects that may be associated with some anti-inflammatory drugs.
Turmeric helps to detoxify the liver naturally. Preliminary research shows that turmeric may delay liver damage, including cirrhosis.
Benefits the Brain
Studies have found that turmeric may help remove plaque buildup in patient’s brains. This potent spice may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease or even slow down the progression of this disease.
For centuries, Chinese medicine has been using turmeric to help with depression. Turmeric may enhance nerve growth in both the hippocampal area and frontal cortex of the brain.
Turmeric may help those who are overweight to obtain a desirable weight. Turmeric assists in fat metabolism by increasing bile. Turmeric also helps to fight insulin resistance, the leading cause of diabetes.
Turmeric offers a host of medicinal benefits. This spice boosts the immune system, provides anti-inflammatory benefits and helps to naturally detoxify the body.