Aloe vera has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes. This beautiful green plant is grown in tropical climates around the world; however, you can grow one in your home or office without much work. Aloe vera can help improve digestion, increase immunity and offer anti-inflammatory benefits.
Aloe vera gel is soothing and moisturizing. It can help heal wounds and lower the occurrence of psoriasis and eczema flare-ups. Here are a few ways that can help keep your skin refreshed and moisturized:
* Use aloe vera gel as a makeup remover. Simply place a small dollop of the gel on a cotton ball and wipe away all traces of makeup. Finish up by using aloe vera gel with your facial wash for a moisturizing cleanser.
* Aloe vera is the perfect solution for burns, insect bites and skin rashes. It is soothing and helps decrease inflammation on contact.
* Aloe vera is perfect for dry, cracked feet. Mix aloe vera gel with some oatmeal and scrub your feet. The oatmeal will exfoliate dry skin, while the aloe vera will moisturize your skin and promote healing.
* Aloe vera gel is a perfect choice for a shaving lotion. Its silky smooth texture allows the razor to glide over your skin, creating a close shave. As an added bonus, its antibacterial properties can help heal nicks and its moisturizers nourish your skin.
* Aloe vera gel can help get rid of bags under your eyes. The hydrating properties help reduce swelling and soothe irritated eyes.
Aloe vera can help aid digestion and relieve the symptoms associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease, also known as GERD. Consuming about 3 ounces of aloe vera gel with meals can reduce the symptoms of GERD as well as other digestive disorders.
Aloe vera contains compounds that can help heal the digestive tract. It helps soothe irritation, enhance healing and repair the digestive tract. In fact, it can help reduce inflammation of the gut caused by a variety of digestive disorders including, inflammatory bowel disease, colitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Finally, because of the antibacterial properties that occur naturally in aloe vera, it can help to destroy harmful bacteria in the intestinal tract. In addition to killing harmful bacteria, aloe vera promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the intestines. This will help improve digestion as well as heal the intestinal tract.
Immune System Booster
Aloe vera helps regulate the immune system and stimulates the immune response. It works synergistically to help improve immunity. Researchers believe that the antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties in it can help enhance the immune system.
You can increase your immunity by drinking a few ounces of aloe vera juice each day. In addition, should you suffer a skin abrasion or a rash, applying aloe vera gel can help promote healing. In addition, it can help minimize scarring by keeping the skin moisturized.
Aloe vera was used by the Egyptians more than 6,000 years ago. In fact, Cleopatra used it to enhance her beauty. Aloe vera contains naturally occurring antiseptic ingredients that help to improve your immune system, lower inflammation and relieve digestion.