One of the most significant ways you can ensure your success is to develop a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle helps you age well and cut your risk of developing a life altering illness, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. Following a healthy diet, learning how to properly deal with stress, stopping smoking, limiting your alcohol consumption, and taking nutritional supplements slows down the aging process, decreases the risk of stress, and improves health. The following twelve habits will increase your longevity and help you live a successful, healthy life.
1. Fish oil supplement – a fish oil supplement contains omega three fatty acids, which help lower blood pressure, improve artery health, and reduce triglyceride levels, which lower the risk of a stroke or heart attack. Fish oil improves brain health, reduces systemic inflammation, and enhances skin health.
2. Exercise – Everyone knows that exercise is good for the body. It strengthens the heart, helps burn calories, and lower stress. For improved health, try to get at least thirty minutes of physical activity each day. If you feel you cannot commit to thirty minutes of daily exercise, break it down into two fifteen minute segments.
3. Oral health – Did you know that flossing each day can reduce the risk of systemic inflammation and may help lower your risk of developing heart disease? A study done at New York University found that flossing once a day reduced bacteria in the mouth
4. Avoid processed foods – Processed foods like chips, candy, frozen dinners, and soda are filled with unhealthy fats, sodium, and sugar that can lead to inflammation throughout the body and obesity. Furthermore, eating processed foods increase the caloric intake of individuals. Instead of turning to these convenient foods, opt for a diet filled with lean proteins, whole grains, and fresh vegetables and fruits.
5. Sleep – While you sleep, your body repairs itself and consolidates memories. Seek to get at least seven hours of sleep each night. If you are having difficulty getting enough sleep, set a bedtime that you strictly follow. Only use your bedroom for sleep, turn the lights down an hour or so before bedtime, avoid caffeine after lunch, and avoid naps to help you get a great night’s sleep.
6. Stress reduction – Stress increases your risk of chronic disease, inflammation, and early death. Practicing stress relief techniques like meditation, guided imagery, and yoga can lower your stress levels and improve your overall health.
7. Tobacco products – Tobacco products, including cigarettes, are filled with harmful and addictive ingredients, such as nicotine, tar, and a plethora of chemical constituents (toluene, acetone, ammonia, and arsenic). These poisonous ingredients cause cancer, damage blood vessels, and damage the vital organs in your body. Stop smoking to protect your health.
8. Alcohol – Alcohol, when consumed in moderation, can provide some health benefits, including reducing the risk of heart disease, lowering your risk of an ischemic stroke, and reducing the risk of diabetes. However, drinking too much alcohol negatively impacts your immune system, and increases the risk of liver, mouth, throat, esophagus, and breast cancer.
9. Water – In order to improve your health, you must drink plenty of water. The body needs at least a half of an ounce of water for every pound you weigh. Water flushes toxins from the body, increases gut motility, and helps with weight loss.
10. Strength training – Increasing your muscle mass through strength training, increases the calories that the body burns, strengthens your bones, and ensures a healthy hears. At least twice weekly, do some strength training exercises, including weight lifting, push ups, pull ups, and lunges to increase muscle mass and improve your health.
11. Spend time outdoors – Enjoying the great outdoors increases your vitamin D levels, which have been proven to be beneficial for your mood, heart, and bones. In addition to this, enjoying time outdoors helps reduce stress, improve your outlook on life, and help you get more exercise.
12. Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar has been shown to provide numerous health benefits, including cholesterol reductions, weight loss, blood sugar regulation, and destroys many pathogens. Apple cider vinegar can help cleanse wounds, disinfect ears, and treat nail fungus.
Practicing the twelve tips listed above will help you live a healthy, long and successful life. Eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and exercising regularly helps to lower systemic inflammation, improve your mood and aid in weight loss.